You can type here any text you want

Smoothest Riding 15" Tire?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
Which 15" brand of tire gives the smoothest most comfortable ride?

Trick question: One of the best websites is Tirerack.com

I use it all the time when I upgrade my tires on various vehicles. Once you fill in your info as to the car make and model it will then list the tires for your vehicle. With each listing they have a easy to read chart showing wet weather traction and many other categories including noise levels etc. It also wil lshow customers comments for various tires and prices etc.

This is probably the best thing to check out for your own mind. Generally speaking your well known name brands are the best.

Good luck. On a side note if you have a GN with stock rims make darn sure you talk to the person dismounting your old tires. If not done properly you will end up with teeth marks on the front chrome part of each rim in 4 places.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Based on a lot of experience owner of a number of Turbo Regals in years past.

I'm getting old. I need a soft comfy ride for around town.:wink:

Michelin..I forget the series, the ones I had on my car they don't make, I think it was part of the Pilot line..Very soft tread compound, verified by quiet ride, no shakes, and VERY smokey burnouts, vs. my buddies BFG's....

Downside, expensive tires..

I currently have BFG radial T/A on the rear,(255/60/15) and the michelins on the front, (215/60/15) which are ready to be replaced by BFG's so they match front and back...

I had a set of inexpensive Pep Boy Futura GLS tires on an older car and for the price they were a nice riding tire. Hooked well considering...

I had a set of inexpensive Pep Boy Futura GLS tires on an older car and for the price they were a nice riding tire. Hooked well considering...

I bought a used set of Kirban's wheels and they came with Pep Boy tires. I thought they were smooth and quiet. Tirerack only shows info on tires that they sell. I found a Cooper dealer local to me and I thought they had a good price for 16" tires. I like their tires but they are too soft for street tire class at the local track. :mad:

Back