You can type here any text you want

some DFI questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
Ok..I have the DFI on the car now...Car actually starts right up and runs pretty well....As long as you dont get into it too hard..(Popping...Almost like it hits some type of limiter...)But I noticed that the scanmaster no longer works...This sucks...:(

Is there any way that you can have a working scanmaster with a Gen 6(6.32)DFI setup???

Also,My knock guage hasnt worked in a while....If I were to buy a new one....Will I have any problems with Running that with the DFI??

Lastly....I have heard that datalogging is possible on the gen6 DFI...Anyone want to fill me in how how its done??

And If anyone has any 55lb Injector programs they want to share,That would be great....

I have no clue about any of this DFI stuff....Lots of learning to do....:D

Thanks In Advance....

Shawn

Hi shawn, the Scan master receives data from the ALDL line from the stock ECM. The DFI doesn't provide this.

The Gen 6 does provide a rev limiter so you may want to check where it's set and adjust if necessary. If that's good it's time to pull out the fuel pressure gauge, timing light and notebook and start trouble shooting and/or tuning!

If you want realtime data you will have to resort to setting your laptop on the passenger seat and glancing over every so often.

Installing a knock gauge shouldn't effect your DFI at all.

Datalogging is possible but limited. The update rate is somewhat slow and you can log a maximum of 6 parameters. To begin datalogging select the "Record Engine Operating Data" menu. Then select the parameters you want to record. After that you'll be given the option of "recording to disk" or taking a "snapshot" "record to disk" uses a slower sample rate but is able to record up to 60 seconds of data. The "snapshot mode" records at a faster sample rate (still damn slow) but is limited to 15 seconds of data.

The data is recorded in ASCII format and can be viewed with any text editor or the spreadsheet application of your choice.

Hope that helps some. Good luck.

Charles Brooks

My car is having the same intake popping problems as above. It only does it during a rapid throttle opening, and I'm pretty sure it's not valvetrain related. What are the likely "big picture" problems? Is this lean? Timing? Valves?

I also have DFI 6 but have an N/A sbc with a big hydraulic cam, 36# injectors, walbro 255hp comp R lifters, MSD distributor and every bolt-on and supporting mod known to mankind, and everything is new.

I've tried more (and less) fuel under tps accel, have tried less (and more) timing, have tried more (and less) base fuel, more (and less) lifter preload (1/16 to 1/4 and every where between) and my DFI is set up according to the step-by-step directions in the EMIC. None of those things changed the problem in any way.

I don't have a fuel pressure gage, though I could buy one tomorrow if that's the likely culprit (just can't spend the money fast enough:rolleyes: ). I am way under the supposed 700hp limit of that pump, and again it's brand new.

The car is finally at the point that it will idle great and run great under normal driving. In fact, "cruise mode" works great but "kick ass mode" doesn't work. I don't care about "cruise mode":mad:

Sure hope somebody here has an idea or two, because I've been working on it for days. At this point I've tested every theory that my friends and I could come up with and nothing changed the problem in the least.

Forgot to add that I have my tune and a couple snapshots if that could help with getting some direction.

A guy on another board suggested that it's a lean condition and adding fuel to the map enrichment should fix it. I'll report back for anybody that may have this problem in the future. John, if you're reading this THANKS for all the help. I appreciate it.

Back