You can type here any text you want

Some powder coat work I did for a friend

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aminga

Chicks Dig the powerbulge
Has a 1970 Chevy Nova, Corvette Millenium Yellow that he's converting from a Nitroused SBC to a turboed LS1

003-1.jpg

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

Very nice work! Color combo and accents are very visually appealing. :)

Alan,

You will notice the more of those pics you post the more friends you will get....:biggrin:

Looks good

Alan,

You will notice the more of those pics you post the more friends you will get....:biggrin:

Looks good

Know a guy who did the masks for the powder on the cheap.

This is the car it's going on so you can see the motivation behind the yellow on the valve covers and fuel rails.

DSC_0858.jpg

Alan,

Looks good

Next thing ya know he will have a Kansas friend trying to mooch a time share off of him :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That looks great. What kind of powder are you using on the intake and valve covers to withstand the high heat? Any special technique?

Reason I ask is that I just started experimenting with a home DIY powdercoat kit and would like to do mine. Not sure what powder to use or to double coat it??

Thanks

That looks great. What kind of powder are you using on the intake and valve covers to withstand the high heat? Any special technique?

Reason I ask is that I just started experimenting with a home DIY powdercoat kit and would like to do mine. Not sure what powder to use or to double coat it??

Thanks

Nothing special. Most conventional powders will take 300 degrees and it doesn't get that hot under the hood. Intake is Underhood clear which shouldn't yellow with heat.

The letters are done with a mask. Shoot the yellow and fully cure it. Let it cool, apply the mask and shoot the Topcoat. Let it cure until the powder flows out and peel up the masks. Used Orcal 605 since it doesn't leave much sticky behind. Some guns don't like to coat over powder shooting warm helps that.

Manifolds and turbos are ceramic however.

As bad as I hate to say it Ty, Yes, If that is your desire, some one there will set ya up with whatever...... Hookers ,sheep, boats, smoke. It's all good.:biggrin:

Now thats southern hospitality there :biggrin: Take pointers Minga :eek:

Back