You can type here any text you want

Speaker box building tips/tricks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BigBlockOlds

I'm planning a layout for the trunk of my '87 Olds Cutlass and was curious if anyone had any tips/tricks on designing not only the trunk layout but the speaker box also.
I haven't quite decided what size subs I'll be running but they will either be 8" or 10". I don't want huge amounts of bass, just enough to fill out the lower end and make the music inside the car well-rounded.

One other question I have is after looking at all of the great examples of trunk layouts on many members cars here, I'd like to know how you go about attaching the plywood/particle board to the car once your done? And making it look so clean.

Thanks for all the help!

I can help you out, but i need to find the link first! It is on www.edesignaudio.com I use it for my Alpine Type R and it pounds the hell out of my car, sounds better than any single type r set up ive heard yet.

Imagine that, found it right after i posted. Here it is, http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/abox.htm Go to the 10" or 8" whichever you want. They are great boxes. Also, if you do build it, make sure you go vented and round the corners off, otherwise youll get a whistle (besides the turbo).

Cool, thanks for the link!

What about affixing them to the car? How do you normally attach them so they don't move? Speaker boxes that is.

Thanks,

Ok Im a newb, its great to have a blueprint of a box you can build, but what do you build it from and how is it put together? Nails, glue, etc.

1 1/2" wood screws, predrill the holes first...
3/4" MDF fiberboard (not particle board or plywood)
liquid nails for projects (use lots of cuz no one sees the inside of your box)
Put a screw about every 1.5-2" maximum

anymore questions, let me know.

Back