Speed density alky controller question

qwiketz

I know that most of the systems out there read off the maf sensor. What should I do since my car is speed density? Or do I just go off the map sensor? This is for a 92 LT1 vette. Thanks!

a maf is 0-5 volts right? So how do you initially set it then to turn on at a specific psi? Do you have to do a trial and error type deal? I have a two bar map sensor for my crane hi 6 btm, so I'll patch into that wiring. Turn on would be 3 or 4 psi and full would be 9 psi.

you mean a map is 0-5 volts right?

the voltage output of the map corresponds to a given KPA, the kit is designed to use x voltage from the map as a reference (whatever you happen to set it at) as a turn on point and then progressively ramps alcohol in relative to the voltage increase from the map

the point at which the kit turns on is a trial and error type deal. You cant say it would be 3 or 4 psi without having ever used it because the optimal setting could be anything

Pablo..your good :)

There are two types of MAF's.. frequency and voltage. And there are applications where running a MAF signal is better than MAP for the alky. Perfect example is a whipple blower..whereas it will make 10 PSI boost at 2000 RPM and max out at 4200 RPM's.. so its boost curve is totally un-linear. A MAF then will output voltage based on the airflow the sensor see's..if 5 PSI =2.4volts.. thats where its setup to come on at.

The Ford MAF's are voltage based. That 90mm MAF is one bad animal :)

The GM MAF's are frequency based. And the Vette's typically will pin a Z06 MAF making some power.. so on those.. they get setup on MAP anyways.

On the centrifugals MAP is the way to go. A 2bar sensor will read in boost from 2.35-4.8vdc approx. So you set the controller to fire at 2.9vdc and have it ramp up as aggressive as needed. Easy.

Cool..