You can type here any text you want

Spring Carlisle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

Anyone going?? Anyone in the NE going?? I went 2 years ago and really enjoyed myself. Bought my lift down there and a few odds and ends. Not like you're going to strike 3rd gen gold since it's 40s-70s land down there mostly from the parts perspective. I did spend about 5 hours looking at all of the cars for sale and mentally calculating what I could press into the budget!! Some good deals on consumables (rags, chemicals, throw away tools) and big purchases (I got my high end lift for a low end lift price since it was a show special). Lots of stuff to look at and some stuff to laugh at!!

I spent all day there and saw about 75% of it. It's a ton of walking but I'm going to do it again - even for the entertainment value. Might bring one of my sons or my old man but I know they'll tire of just walking around and looking way before me. If anyone on here is headed down, I'm happy meet up en route or down there for someone who wants to just look around.

Leaving from CT - probably REAL early Friday morning the 20th (fall back is Saturday but it will be substantially more corwded). Probably arrive in Carlisle by 8 or so and leave there by 5-6ish. Having someone ride with me might take away at least one excuse for not picking up a car!!!!

joejakegrace said:
....snip.... Bought my lift down there and a few odds and ends.....(I got my high end lift for a low end lift price since it was a show special)....

Tell us more about your lift. I'm considering a lift in my new house: Make, model, dimensions, price, do overs, etc. :)

The site is Carlisle Events - Spring Carlisle - Home

If you haven't heard about it or been, it's hard to describe - to me, it's the state fair of "auto nation." - in fact it's held at the PA state fair grounds. Not a ton of snobby stuff like BJ - lots of vendors, cars, parts - if you want to find a dealer of Dusenberg Headlights...you're most likely to find it here!!

Go to the main cars at carlisle site - it'll show pix and vendors, etc.

As for the lift - I went with a Backyard Buddy 4 post- I'll get the model number and dimensions tonight. It's their mid range with the 220 motor (faster), drip pans, jack pad, etc. - I went to Carlisle specifically to compare the Backyard Buddy (advertised as the best) with the "others" that, for the most part, look the same and are about a grand cheaper. It was stunning - if you know anything about construction/metal working, etc. - you'll see a huge difference in welds, construction techniques, fit/finish, durability (where you should put joints and where you shouldn't, etc.) - me and 2 guys put it together in about 3 hours. The company has been real good with customer service, etc. - I'll post the details on it in a day or two but you can find it on their website - just google backyard buddy. Do overs - I'd go with them again in a heartbeat - !

Ya,
Someday I would love to go to it.
On the west coast, there is Pomona.
I have scored tons of deals and stuff there.

George :cool:

Back