You can type here any text you want

St. Pete/Tampa/Clearwater

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jsta6

John 15:17
Hello west coast turbo guys.

I am driving the GN over to St. Pete/Tampa/Clearwater tonight through Thursday for a business trip.

Anything going on this week?

BTW, there is a track in North St. Pete? or South Clearwater?, on Ulmerton? (or Roosevelt?) and just a bit west of I-275. What is this track? Oval or 1/8 mile?

sunshine

hey justa6 that is sunshine speedway, it an 1/8 track and they have an oval wed is a good day to go i think it race for 15 or 20 for as long as you want and best of all you don't really see any rice :D

Robert

Hey. I was just down in Clearwater last week on business. Day and half of boring meetings at the Belleview Biltmore. Strange place. Great weather. Even took in a Yankee-Devil Ray game. You FL guys have to support your team more. The place was all Bomber fans.

baseball

hey bones.

It is not just Tampa, Miami is like that also. Most people don't go to games down here unless it is a big game or the team is really winning. Hockey, football and basketball are the same way.

I go to most Marlins games, and I try to go to the Ray's games when I am up here.

turbo havoc...

Hey guys.

I plan on being at Sunshine Speedway Wednesday night, and Bradenton park Thursday night (right before I drive back to Ft. Lauderdale...;) )...

Come on out and lets get it on...

...let me know if I am missing anything.

BTW, I will be coming back here next week also, so lets run...

Thursday

I'll see you there thursday, I'll be in a TTA. I also expect to see another TTA there, he's coming from St. Pete, and I'm coming from Sarasota. I'll be there when the gates open, but I usually leave before it closes. See you there.

Ken TTA#1426

OK, great. See you there.

I have an 87 GN with stock wheels that has been lowered...

is it usually busy on Thursday nights?

How may runs can I get in if I am there from 5-8?

I could be wrong but I think they open at 5:30 and don't start runs until 6pm. Give 'em a call 748-1320. I usually get about 3-4 runs in because I like to really let it cool down between runs. It's usually not busy to start, and then the lines get longer as the night goes on. Although I haven't been there since the snowbirds left! See you there.

Ken TTA#1426

I talk to you for a few at Sunshine Wen. night. Nice car and glad you had fun.If you come back this way let me know.I should have more miles on my car. And I will get out there with you...

Hey dude.

Good to meet you to. I saw an 86 or 87 GN as it was leaving, but I did not know who it was.

My car was pretty much running like crap that night. My best was a 9.2. I have never run the 1/8th before...9.2 seemed to be better then some of the other cars...?

I will be back up again sometime within the next two weeks. I definately liked that track. I got six runs in, and I could have gotten plenty more. That is a good place to tune. Down here at Moroso, you are lucky to get two runs in...

I will post or email you when I am going up again...

Originally posted by jsta6
My best was a 9.2. [/QUOTE

Whats going on captain? That's like a 14.1-14.2 1/4 mile time. I Thought you had alky now. You should be running very low 8's with your combo.

Like many have said in the past, the 1/8 doesn't really do our cars any justice. You should have gone to Moroso on Friday night. I got 4 passes and Brad got like 6. I was (and still am) pretty pissed about only running a 13.42 (8.6 in the 1/8th) at 100mph with 19psi.

Oh well, Guess it's back to the drawing boards for both of us.

Later.

Jorge.

hey dude.

Two things were holding me back:

1. I FUBAR'd the TV cable when I over adjusted it. So, I have to make a couple of runs to find out where the "sweet spot" is.

2. I am still using the stock waste gate, so it is not adjustable. I will try to fix that this week.

Couldn't make it Friday. I just got back in town and I needed to be with the family. I can't believe you guys got so may passes in. That is good news.

I dont know how many runs I got, I'll have to take a look at the slips. I think I got around 8-9 runs in, but I was at the gates when they opened and got 2 runs in before 7 pm.

Wow! 8-9 runs! You got every penny out of those 15 bucks did you. Sh!T!

What was your best time Brad. I left at 1am and I remember you were ready to go again.

Jorge.

I still couldn't break into the 11s. I think 12.1 @ 113 was about my best run with a 2.0 60' on 93 and alky. I would either spin off the line or leave easy and then drive through the tires. I didn't think I would be able to drive through the tires at the track. I figured after I got about 40' out it wouldn't spin, but that is exactly what it was doing.

I was happy to make it up there and back. It ran strong, it just wasn't as fast as I had hoped, but considering I couldn't get the thing dialed in for the week previous, I was happy that it ran smooth the entire night. Now its time for more mods, and slicks are at the top of the list.

Get some slicks and you'll be in the 11's for sure!

Yeah, I too was expecting to go faster, but... :rolleyes:
I'm giving up on pump gas and Xylene. From now on, I'm only taking c-16 up to the track. I'm getting a new chip and I will try to make it back up when they open in June.

A fresh new track should help us hook a little better.

Later.

Back