You can type here any text you want

Stang and a CTSV

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas gn

Ok….killed an early 90s mustang this morning going to work. He turned on to a back road going towards my work and waited on me, sounded good too. When I came around him, he went all in and I put 8-9 cars on him (BTW he had some shoe polish numbers on the window from the race track). He followed me for several miles until we came up on 1604 and pulled up beside me. I said “what did she run at the track?” reply “13.4 on street rubber” I said “respectable” he said “ damn that thing is fast. I said “yea it runs pretty good for a 6 banger” He said “6 cylinder? The light changed and I went to work. I bet he is still trying to figure that out…lol. Now it is lunch time and I am not that hungry so I go for a ride and put some gas in the GN when I pull up beside a brand spanking (paper plates) new black Caddy CTSV….I must admit that the blood got to pumping and I was a little nervous. Traffic was not ideal and my engine temp was around 200f… so I waited for him to make a move. He went in and so did I but we were back on the brakes because of traffic. He gave me the thumbs up and I did the same then I turned off to my work. I kind of wish I would of stayed with him and see if traffic would thin out but we were rolling 60 and the outside temp was over 100 degrees. I am still wondering if I could take him rolling 60 mph. But I am sure he would drive around me after 100mph. Maybe next time when it is a little cooler..

Stangs for breakfast......you smell that nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of a TB kicking ass in the morning

Don't make a habit of leaning on her in the heat when she's already hot;)

On the CTS V....even tho you're a mid 11 at the track, from a roll you likely won't do as well as you hope..that's his wheel house.
Take him from a dig and send the message early:D

Don't make a habit of leaning on her in the heat when she's already hot;)

On the CTS V....even tho you're a mid 11 at the track, from a roll you likely won't do as well as you hope..that's his wheel house.
Take him from a dig and send the message early:D
Yea I know....that's why i laid back with my tail between my legs. I could of followed him for a few miles and found a place to go all in...but it just didn't feel right. I can tell ya this...at 50 mph i can walk a 09 gt 500 with a tune, pulley and cold air without any problem up to 100 mph. I just have a hard time comprehending the CTSV is that much faster than a GT 500 with 550 rwhp

Yea I know....that's why i laid back with my tail between my legs. I could of followed him for a few miles and found a place to go all in...but it just didn't feel right. I can tell ya this...at 50 mph i can walk a 09 gt 500 with a tune, pulley and cold air without any problem up to 100 mph. I just have a hard time comprehending the CTSV is that much faster than a GT 500 with 550 rwhp

GT-500's are slow for their power...they are a high 12 second car on the factory tune....I love beating them up. The fastest one I've seen is the one in the video in my sig....but there are definitely faster ones out there..I just have not found them yet personally.

The new CTS-V's are high 11 second cars on the factory tune...that's the difference between GM power and Ford power....Fords are all about the dyno sheet...GM's are all about the actual performance....;)

I like that video of yours kick'in the the hell out of the GT 500...:D My Buddy with the 09 500 waits until i am out of the parking lot before he leaves. ;)

Nice Win on the stang !
The CTSV I spent 2 days racing with 2 over those one new with the super charger and one the previous NA model.
Road course they are really fast same as the drag strip I was impressed !!!
I raced the New one on the drag strip both on non drag street tires... I could not find traction for the first 1/2 of the track he had some issues too but I was having more...
He won :( Trapped about 115 mph and I think he was stock with a air intake kit and possible a tune.... )
I also go to mix it up on the drag strip with a 2012 Mustang 5.0 ! Those guys are for real.... He ran some 12.6-12.9@109to 112 times on factory tires with a K&N filter and a computer tune ! Sucks but these new cars are quick !!!
Good kills be safe and have fun !

Yup...that new Coyote motor in the Stangs is some serious technology.
And the support from the aftermarket is staggering....

I have an 09 CTS-V and it's a very fun car to drive. It's mild manner when it needs to be. I haven't raced it on the track yet but I've seen stock ones run 12.20's at 113-115 mph in the 1/4. I'm hoping my Regal will be as quick when I'm finished building it.

Back