You can type here any text you want

Stereo suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
I have and 86 with no stereo installed. I have two speakers in the dash, but no other speaker locations in the car. Nothing in the doors, nothing in the rear deck. Can someone make some stereo installation suggestions? I'd like a stereo system that won't tear up the car, but will sound nice. I don't need a thumping stereo, just some nice quality music. Thanks.

Get an aftermarket stereo and some speakers. You should be able to fit 5.25" in the doors. I wouldn't even bother with the tiny dash speakers but you could do components and put the tweeter there and the woofer in the doors. You can fit 4x10s in the rear if you can find some hangers.

Polk/MOMO 5.25" components, the 5.25" woofer in the door, the tweeter on top of the dash. Mounted the tweeters in ABS plastic but they don't sit flush enough. My top panel is cracked on the grilles anyway though so they stick out a little. 12" sub in the trunk, no rears. 1 amp powering the speakers, one amp powering the sub.

Will probably sell those 5.25" components since I bought some better speakers that I haven't installed yet.

Back