You can type here any text you want

still can't find my TTA build number

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
did you send 40$ to the poniac historical society?

they will fax you the build number same day for like 5 more $

Be prepared to possibly still not know your number after speaking with both of those people. I bought the PHS packet and emailed John but I got a different build number from each. They were both very helpful and nice to deal with but their results did not agree. Good luck!

That surprises me.....I would suspect that the phs would be correct. They do know who sold the car....original dealer....and will send you a copy of the window stick as well....

Seems that if they know who sold it, they would know the build sequence.

?

Originally posted by 1987 GN
Be prepared to possibly still not know your number after speaking with both of those people. I bought the PHS packet and emailed John but I got a different build number from each. They were both very helpful and nice to deal with but their results did not agree. Good luck!

The reason there are 2 different numbers is that the cars weren't built in order of VIN number, and since there were no plans for putting the number on the car, nobody really kept track all that well. If 8 cars came in on the transport, the first car off was probably built before the last irregardless of what the VIN was.

So was the first TTA built the one with the lowest VIN, I doubt it. The last one built was probably a mid production car that they had problems with and set aside for a while. Is there even a car #1555? if so it would mean the first car was #6 since there were 5 preproduction cars.

This is very true. My Festival car is number 90. It has a Pontiac build date of Dec 1988 and a PAS build date of Jan 1989. Were as my Hardtop, car number 1456 had a Pontiac build date of Feb 1989 and a PAS date of May 1989. Many of these cars sat a very long time at PAS.

- Dave

Have you tried some of the web links off of the web to look up the build number? I'm guessing not because my old link to the build# sequence doesn't work any more to Russ Salerno's site, now it looks like 89tta.com has taken Russ' old site over but the Vin# lookup doesn't work for me.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Have you tried some of the web links off of the web to look up the build number? I'm guessing not because my old link to the build# sequence doesn't work any more to Russ Salerno's site, now it looks like 89tta.com has taken Russ' old site over but the Vin# lookup doesn't work for me.

I believe Russ actually just registered 89TTA.com . As for the VIN lookup link, it hasn't worked in over a year.

Back