You can type here any text you want

Stock GN times?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HYBRIDT

Anyone know what's the fastest stock GN? Over in the syty section they were asking for a comparison. All I could find was 14.1 for a Syclone compliments of '91 Car & Driver and 14.3 for a T-Type in '86 Hot Rod. I think they are looking for completely stock, but I don't know. I know, I know nobody here is concerned w/all stock and turbo buicks usually only stayed stock on the show room floor, but just for kicks.

Adam

Stock, untouched, unmodified, straight from the factory with hood never lifted is in the 14.1-14.2 range.

Frank

I dont know....my car's never gone slower than a 11.50 ;)

BTW Frank, our avatar's are racing!!! :eek: :D :D

The answer greatly depends on state of tune and weather conditions. The range I have seen listed in 1986 & 1987 magazines is btn high 13's and low 14's. 14.0 is close enough.

What's your best time Dan? You are still mostly stock, aren't you?

Adam

How much did your car cost you? If I'm not being too personal.:)

"Stock" has different meanings to different folks. Mine is no longer "bone stock." It has 3" downpipe, 2-1/2" custom exhaust, test pipe, ported stock turbo elbow, K&N cone filter, RJC power plate, Wablro fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, cleaned and flowed stock injectors, adjustable wastegate, Eaton posi (originally a peg leg car), 16" GTA wheels, 245x50x16 Firestone Firehawks, Paul Ferry's rear lower control arms, 1-3/8" ATR rear anti-sway bar, Moog springs, KYB shocks, rear seat braces, new valve springs, Magnacore spark plug wires, 160 deg thermostat, fixed driver's side header (stocker had the notorious crack), a bunch of other little clean-up items, and of course Zaino's finish products to improve aerodynamics by reducing surface drag :)

92 Thrasher chip, running 17# boost on the street with 92 octane gas, tuned using Scanmaster II

...but to most it's simply "stock" because it still has the stock turbo, intercooler and injectors

My best time is 13.3 @ 102mph on pump gas and full pressure in the radial tires. I like to run it on the track exactly how I run it on the street to really know how it matches up to other street high-performance cars. Dyno run netted rear wheel 271HP and 413TQ.

I purchased my car in 1999 with 27k miles for $14.5k which was avg market price at that time for a good condition, low mileage 1987 GN. Was difficult for find a really nice shape GN locally. so I had to import it from Victoria, BC Canada.

Back