You can type here any text you want

stock rebuild price range??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Are you going to do most of the work yourself or are you looking for a turnkey rebuild?

Price can vary immensely. It all depends on what you do with a "stock" motor and if all parts are still good to go. How much work are you going to do yourself. If I were to put a number on a respectable stock rebuild I would say $3,500 to $5,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Getdown said, $3500 to $5000. Depends on what has to be fixed and replaced.

Stock rebuilds if using stock hard parts and depending on what pistons and machine work needed are usually about 4000.

My machine work alone was $860 including bearings, balancing, etc. Pistons and rings vary from $200 - $1000
Probably want to refresh the heads to, probably another $250-$300 for cleaning and valve job.
Budget another $200 - $300 for gaskets, etc.
Budget another $250 for misc. items you may need.
This is if you disassemble everything your self and give it to the machine shop.
If you decide to keep the cam, make sure you mark on how and where the lifters go!
I am currently going through a build with an 1987, but nothing in that car is stock except rods and crank.
Also get a credit card with miles and use it for this so you can take a "free" vacation afterwards.
Note: It may take months for the machine shop to get yours done, especially this time of the year.

Back