You can type here any text you want

Stock Turbo T/A Headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BAGN

God Bless America!!!
I came accross a set of stock turbo T/A exhaust manifolds. Anybody know what there worth?

Any info would be great.

I've seen perfect examples go for $400 or more, and well used pieces for $200 or so...

Originally posted by BAGN
I came accross a set of stock turbo T/A exhaust manifolds. Anybody know what there worth?

Any info would be great.

Easy.. put em on Ebay, start it at 1.00.. you'll see.

HTH

BTW, last friday I saw a set of ATR TTA headers.. they only made 8 sets..

Re: Re: Stock Turbo T/A Headers

Originally posted by Razor
Easy.. put em on Ebay, start it at 1.00.. you'll see.

HTH

BTW, last friday I saw a set of ATR TTA headers.. they only made 8 sets..

How do they look compared to the "stockers"?

- Dave

Nothing like the stockers. The passenger side header looks a lot like the ATR GN header.. not like a log. And uses the band clamps on the connections instead of the 2 bolts factory. Kinda of a GN mix with TTA header design.

Guy that bought it is sitting on it.. until ripe $$$$.

First time I saw a tta drivers header, I wanted to put it on my GN! We have had 3 TTA's, one with 7K mi and one we put over 140K on without a crack in the header...Our latest TTA has only 62K on it...wish my GN was that bullit proof in the header dept.......

I thought the same thing that the TTA headers were less crack prone but I'm beginning to think that might be a false statement. I have an original 15k mile TTA that I'm pretty sure has a cracked PS header....can't seem to find a leak elsewhere so it's comming off this week for inspection. Figures, my luck would have it that the PS would crack....a real PITA to R&R!

Got the header off today, turns out it was just a blown gasket. I opted this time to just copper coat the thing on there per John Pearcy's suggestion...seems to be good and sealed. I know one thing is for sure, not having a header gasket in there opened up a tad more room to get that THDP back up easier:)

Was the header gasket the copper kind that ATR sells?
Those gaskets seal it up really good on TR's, but I read once you use one you always have to use one thereafter. The gasket and header conform to the block.

I used the copper coat on regular n/a cast iron manifolds and it worked good, but I was concerned the heat from the turbo motors would wear it out faster.

These were the Felpro gaskets..kind of a paper/metal composite material. They didn't even last 1000 miles before blowing....too bad it so difficult to find good quality gaskets for the TTA's. I also looked into the ATR gaskets but passed due to their individual port design....too hard to keep perfectly lined up when installing IMO. Anyhow, back to good old copper coat for now...maybe I'll just weld them on next time they start leaking!

Back