You can type here any text you want

Strange Engine Vibration @ Low Speeds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikejustowns

I have an 84 Regal Limited with a 4.1 V6. When the car slows down to around 5 mph the car suddenly makes a strange vibrating sound and the oil/choke light flashes until the vibration goes away. Also sometimes when I stay in that speed it vibrates also.

I added some oil to the engine but also noticed there was some oil drips near the rear of the engine.. Havent had a chance to see where its coming from but it could just be the back of the pan. I am just praying its not a rear main seal. =[

I thought the vibration could be the tranny but when I notced the oil light comming on each time I had doubts.

Any ideas what this could be? Other than that the car runs great. Just replaced Valve cover gaskets and made her my Daily Driver. =/

Thanks, Mike

Check torque convertor bolts.. Have had a problem on a couple of cars like that.. Red Loktite them..

trorque converter clutch not properly disengaging, which causes the engine speed to get to low, which causes the low oil pressure and vibration.

Back