You can type here any text you want

Stroker Buick V6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hi Everyone,

Stupid question time. Is there a Stroked crank for the 231?

Sure Fred. The Busch and ASA Stage 2's were usually 3.625 or 3.590 billets. Problem is, there's a major water jacket issue when clearanceing a production block to make room for it. 3.625 is max even for a Stage 2. On even fires, crank strength also becomes a issue as the thickness between adjacent splayed rod journals decreases with increased stroke, so do not offset grind a production cast crank. My machinist wouldn't let me offset grind mine even .005", which I wanted in order to decrease deck clearance. With odd fires, you're free to play until you run out of room, again at 3.625, and only with a Stage 2 block. GB

As a side note, a couple weeks ago, I had a float stick open following my 7000 rpm burnout, nearly hydraulically locking the motor with a quart of methanol. Seems to have just pounded a rod bearing. Hopefully nothing else.
Other interesting tidbits from this season:
The car runs 14.50's in high gear only mode, as well as three runs in the 14.60 range on 5 cylinders due to broken intake rockers....Just wish I didn't have to find all this out by myself!

Back