You can type here any text you want

Stupid question of the day?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
What is the engine vin code for the TTA? I was looking into the Hooker cat back exhaust system and it listed 3 different units, anyone know which one is correct for the TTA's? Anyone use this system and what do you think of it?? I kinda like the dual outlet look that is as close to OE as possible.

You need the one that is a 2 bolt slip fit. The Hooker will probably rust pretty quick. That's been the complaint with them. And the tips are hit or miss in quality. I would try to get a stainless exhaust as it'll last forever.

Turbov6joe: The vin code for our cars engines is the numeral 7. It is the eighth digit in the serial number (unless you are Chinese, then it's the tenth) Hope this helps. Turbota. P.S. The numeral 7 was also used in 1982 to identify the "World Famous" Crossfire 305.

You might want to look into an SLP stainless system. Reasonably priced, and won't rust. I'll probably be putting one on my car soon (my intermediate pipe has developed a couple of pinholes).

The SLP system is a very easy installation. I put one on my beat-up old TTA in about an hour in the garage (without a hoist). The one I chose was the "single dual" model with the exhaust exiting on the driver side (2 outlets), which is the one on the Pontiac Motor Division 6 speed go-fast TTA. gotta be worth 6-8hp. over the stocker (honest horsepower). Good Luck. Turbota #70

Back