You can type here any text you want

Suspect Mag Times???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What's with these magazine articles posting lousy 1/4 mile times on stock TTAs??? I have seen this on 3 different occasions...one being Performance Pontiac Magazine (13.9). Don't the editors know that this is inconsistent with their shootout section that shows high 12s on a TTA that appears mostly stock except for K/Ns, Chip and 98 octane??? K/Ns and Chip would only Below is another terrible example from another source:

1989 Pontiac 20th Anniv. Trans Am 5.1 14.2

Would K/Ns, Chip and 98 octane get you from 14.2 to high 12s without "major" mods???
To hit 60 mph in 5.1 sec...yet not even break into the 13s on the 1/4...doesn't make any sense. This would be liken to a major "choke" ala Ny Giants! :(

Its all about the driver!;) As you know, these cars need to be driven differently to get good 1/4 mile times.

I went from a 84 Z28 500hp sbc street/mostly strip car to what I have now and there is a big differance.:eek:

I dont care what the articals say , I know it was the fastest american car of the 80's.

Bo

Well...let's say it's even with the GNX :p

Even in the article with the TTA vs GNX...the TTA owner wasn't schooled on how to launch the TTA and could only win the last of the 3 runs. The article DID say that the TTA owner was getting the "hang" of it. Now if this means the TTA is a pinch quicker???? anyones guess...but stock number on these cars should be 13.54-13.5

5.1 sec to 60
14.2 sec down 1/4

My wife could probably score a 14.0 with 5 minutes of instructions on how to boost launch my TTA and she isn't really into cars
~!~~!!!

Talk about magazine people (editors) not being in the right profession.

Back