You can type here any text you want

suspension upgrades??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JimG

I am curious of what all of you might consider a good first suspension upgrade.
I have replaced all of the shocks recently, but have not gone any further. When floored from a stop, she sits down pretty low.
Mostly stock, street driven 87 GN.
thanks for any ideas.
Jim

do a search and you'll find better results, but most will say to either box your stock LCA's or just buy new ones.

In order this is what I would do:
1) upgrade the LCA's(uppers too if you want)
2) Put at least one air bag in the rear, I went with two.

Do 1 and 2 at the same time...

3) replace ALL suspension bushings
4) Replace ALL body bushings

You will feel like you have a brand new car if you do all of this... My buddy did all of the suspension bushings in his 01 mustang and it made night and day difference in how the car handled... I hated how that car drove, but now it's slightly sporty although still slow ahaha.

A lot of people forget about the body bushings, but how is your suspension supposed to do it's job when the body is shifting all over the place?

Changing your steering box will really wake everything up. I have the Delphi 600 series steering gear with a 12.7:1 Ratio (2 1/2 turns lock to lock). You should change all the bushings and anything else rubber for that matter under there. The steering gear will be the "cherry on top" of everything. It will drive like a new car.

Back