You can type here any text you want

Synthetic rear lube did the job!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I was starting to get a rear end whine that has been getting slightlylouder over the last year or so. Julio told me that synthetic gear lube got rid of his whine....and it did mine as well:)
I also switched over to carbon/ceramic rear brake shoes and that has significantly helped me to hold more boost on the line...another tip from Julio. Just thought I'd pass this good info on.

My tranny is comming out this weekend to have the 2-3 flair addressed and the oil leak seems to be gone (bad PCV). Now if I could get the car to the track to see what the winter mods have gained me:mad:

BTW, my car took 3rd place at the World of Wheels car show in KC a few weeks ago...I was pretty pleased considering the competition I went up against! The few little things I got dinged on were my fault...things I knew I had to address but overlooked due to being in a rush to get'er done:mad: Now I'm looking forward to BG and the ribs BW's dad will fix up....damn good cooking!

Way to go there.. congrats ..

Glad the tips worked out..

T-minus 45 days approx.. I'm hungry already.

Wonder if that synthetic will work good on the 9 inch Furd? ;)

We're bringing up two TTA's.. so be on your game :D

Yep, I always use/used Mobil 1 with no additive. Never a problem. I also changed it every year regardless of mileage.

I did...just didn't love the service my dealer was giving me on warranty issues.....remind me in BG to tell you all of the horror stories. The Cummins is a bad ass motor, it's all of the stuff around it that fails way too soon:mad: Besides, my GM dealer gave me 0% for 60 months, sold the rig to me for absolute cost, and gave me quite a bit more than what I owed on the Dodge...all over great deal! How are you? We'll be leaving for BG Monday this year....trying to take advantage of some extra track time on Tuesday.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
"Be on my game"...are you calling me out:eek: What's the status of your new ride?

Its got bugs getting erradicated.. slowly :(

Latest is I was trying to figure why the boost was going so high.. I release the WG.. and lo and behold the puck is seized on the THDP. So I tried moving it...bam broke it off.. so I just gave myself some work to do :mad:

The FAST drivability is really easy.. really. New injectors going on this weekend.. alky kit still isnt done.. and need to get it to the 1/8 mile track to start beating on it.

My luck i'll snap all the bolts trying to get them off the turbo.. and then have to get them drilled out.. etc..

What can I say.. its to be expected. Glad I havent stomp'd hard on the pedal.. I would of blown a nice size hole into this thing.

I'll be up-n-ready for BG..

So yes.. your getting called out :eek:

Run ya for some dibzzz on the ribzzzzz :D

Gottcha. We have/had that problem with the 3.2 litre tl type s Acura my dad has/had. 3 trannys, 2 timing belts, rearview mirror(melted in the first snow as he had to use the heated feature),uses coolant. Thats all I can think of. :eek: Its just a problem. It will be gone Tuesday.
Jason

Originally posted by turbov6joe
I was starting to get a rear end whine that has been getting slightly louder over the last year or so. Julio told me that synthetic gear lube got rid of his whine....and it did mine as well:)
Damn dude, XXXXXX shouldn't require a synthetic lube. :eek: ;)

Scott, I edited your post. Its above and beyond the guidelines for this board.

Yea Mean Scott, you'd better mind your P's and Q's if you want to come over into our high class forum....we don't want any "mean" people over here:)

Back