You can type here any text you want

t-brake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I use the Stageright from Ck. Works great so far. Just takes practice shifting. Don't wrap your hand around the shifter, just bump it forward with your palm otherwise when the car launches, it will force you to pull the shifter back into first gear and you'll get a hell of a jerk from reactivating the t-brake.That plate is a great idea. I'll add that to my "to get" list if it works on the tta.

I have a Bat Brake on mine. Its electrically operated. Put it in first gear and press the button.. as soon as you release the button.. car leaves.

Just giving another option.

I use the Stageright from Ck. Works great so far. Just takes practice shifting. Don't wrap your hand around the shifter, just bump it forward with your palm otherwise when the car launches, it will force you to pull the shifter back into first gear and you'll get a hell of a jerk from reactivating the t-brake.That plate is a great idea. I'll add that to my "to get" list if it works on the tta.

Thanks..I didnt even think about the aspect of reactivating it. One more question about the stageright. Put it in 1st to activate it, spool, then shift to second which does the 1-2 shift, then do you have to push the button in to get it to shift into third or do you just push it? What about OD?

Thanks Jason

I have a Bat Brake on mine. Its electrically operated. Put it in first gear and press the button.. as soon as you release the button.. car leaves.

Just giving another option.

Razor,

whats is the advantage of an electric one? Can you activate the tbrake in 3rd and let the tranny shift when it wants to?

Jason

The Bat brake is awesome! It's just that I was told by Bruce at PTS that you need five inches from the pan bolts down for the electric transbrake. That's how deep the bottom of the oil pan would be. In my car that leaves about two inches of ground clearence. So I went with the manual Stageright..... I think you can just push it into third and OD without the button.

tta, is there any chance you can accidently push it into N or does it lock out?

Jason

You CAN shift into N if your not paying attention. That's why I say it takes practice. Once your used to it, it's not a problem. Although a lockout feature would be nice. Like that plate.... If you find out it works on our cars, let me know.

Quicky one. You can get by with the deep pan just got to watch where you drive. I"ve got a deep pan on the tranny for about a year. This is the one CK Performance sells. As we speek Bruce is building me a Bat Brake. As far as shifters I'm thinking about putting in a Hurst Dual gate shifter part # HUU2920000 from Summit Racing. It is gated so you will not have to worry about going into neutral. You will have to cut your shift plate to install. You can see the installation instructions at Summit site. If you would like to see what one looks like installed in a GTA go to the cars for sell forum around Dec 4, of this year and look for a thread that reads 1989 TTA Replica, fake, clone, whatever.... Check it out don't look to bad.;)

Michael

Razor,

whats is the advantage of an electric one? Can you activate the tbrake in 3rd and let the tranny shift when it wants to?

Jason

The advantage is you dont lose 1st gear. meaning I can shift at whatever RPM I want too. On a stagerite, once you pop into second it shifts when the governor tells it to.

And if you drop it into first, it doesnt lock your tranny.. unless you hit the button.

No issues yet with ground clearance.. the front of the pan may be modified and additional clearance gained.. but since I have yet to whack it... i'll wait.

Choices... :redface:

If you use and electric Trans-brake yes. I don't think you have to on the stage-right style. If you buy the stage-right style don't jerk it into first while rolling or you will stop rather quickly.:eek:

Only the electric transbrakes need the deep pan because there is a selinoid switch that mounts to the valve body. The manual ones are like a shift kit with parts that replace what is already there. If you have the money and the means, I would go with the electric. I like the manual brake but there are more things I like about the electric. I have a spare 200r4 sitting in my garage I'm going to send out and get an electric brake put in, so when mine takes a dump, I will be ready for a swap with a fresh trans and T-Brake. So you have to weigh the good vs. the bad. The manual is about a third of the price. How much are you willing to spend? The electric is also a more involved installation. I would have someone who either manufactures the brake or has done a few of them install the electric unit. Then when its all said and done, you have a nice piece. You can install the manual stageright yourself but you have to be aware you can easily bang your head If you make a mistake. Trust me it won't feel good! Especially if you have a cage and you're not wearing a seatbelt.... OUCH! Either one will lower your 60'. Good luck and keep us posted!

If you use and electric Trans-brake yes. I don't think you have to on the stage-right style. If you buy the stage-right style don't jerk it into first while rolling or you will stop rather quickly.:eek:

It will lock the tires.. if your on slicks.. it could do a lot of damage.

Local guy here locked the stagerite in.. brought it up to 20 PSI.. pushed the shifter up rite into REVERSE.. busted his tranny in half. So careful..

So with the manual one do you just mod the stuff in the tranny and it automatically locks when you pop it into 1st? Or do you have to modify the shifter area too?

Jason

Back