You can type here any text you want

TA front cover help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Have a brand new TA front cover and the adjustable pressure regulator doesn't leave enough room for the aluminum spacer on the PTE stock location IC bracket on the passenger side. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How much room are you short? I have ran many stock location coolers and depending on how the bracket is made it is very close...... within 3/8 " and that is with the stock pressure relief retaining cap bolt.......sounds like surgery on the bracket or using the stock retaining cap bolt are your options.......

I'm having issues with the diameter of the spacer being too large and it binds up on the bottom of the oil pump cover.

After hacking the IC bracket up, it finally fits. Kinda dumb if you ask me....I can't be the only person with a TA cover and PTE SLIC, you'd think someone would have thought this through.

After hacking the IC bracket up, it finally fits. Kinda dumb if you ask me....I can't be the only person with a TA cover and PTE SLIC, you'd think someone would have thought this through.

This is always a problem with things that were prototyped on say a motor with a stock oil cover and then something else is used. Good reason to justify the $$$ to buy welding machines, band saws, drill presses and any thing else you might need. Did that pte slic use a stock bracket or something different?

The PTE IC uses a longer stud in place of a stock front cover bolt. The issue is the adjustable regulator that sticks out from the pump cover makes contact with this bracket and you can't tighten the bolt to the front cover.

Buddy of mine just went through the same scenario. Grinding cutting welding was the solution for him....

I just used hole saw and made a pocket for it to poke through.

Back