thermostat

D

Daxx

'87 grand national overheating. replaced waterpump 3 months ago. believe problem to be thermostat. having trouble locating thermostat. removed upper radiator hose. thermostat housing not where expected to be. could someone help me find the thermostat please.

Wassup too!

Its located inside the water neck, there is a bracket that wraps halfway on the neck and believe its a 13mm.

I run mine without a stat during the summer months. Been doing this since around '94 and NEVER had any problems. My car was then a 7.30 1/8th car but faster now. I run about 75% water to 25% antifreeze and 1 bottle of Water Wetter made by Redline. My car loves this combo. I'm sure there will be those who bash the "no stat" deal, but it works great for me. I've heard RMI 125 works well also. Good luck

finally found the darn thing. appreciate all the help. see ya on the track.:cool:

Originally posted by Gn-Krazzie
TurboV6 how does the water neck come out, Just give it a yank ??

I had to destroy the original neck to get it out.
When I went to the parts store (NAPA), they had nothing correct for Buick Turbo cars, but they did stock 160 stat and new neck for 89 TTA. (wtf?) Neck was better than stock too. Be sure to get a new o-ring for the neck.