You can type here any text you want

these cars do fly!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

denn454

turbo swimmer
Its not really a kill story, but i'll tell you guys anyways. i was running really late for work this morning, i gave myself about 20 minutes to get ready and get to work when it usually takes an hour, so i was eating while putting on my clothes, the normal i'm in a huge hurry rush. I ended up with about 20 minutes to make the 30 minute drive but i've been late the last few days so i figured today i shoudl get there on time. I decided to take the "autobahn on brighton" an open road in the middle of no where with no cops out there and at 6 in the morning no traffic either. i was driving along at about 105 (in a 45) trying to make good time, the car gets a little loose above that, i think it has an unbalanced tire. i've never gone that fast down the road before, i usually stick to 65 tops. so i was driving along and see a bump, its not much of a bump but i do prepare for it to be slightly rough but nothing bad, i've never had any problems before. once i hit it i felt somethign that was definatly not right, i hit the brakes and nothing happend, a fraction of a second later i hear some quick tire squeals, i was airborne.... that was about the worst feeling in the world, fun as hell but not something i want to do to my car. i've checked it out and nothign happend to the car, just a little lost pride, i feel like i shoudl be in fast and the furious after doing somethign stupid like that, even if it was an accident. so a word of advise, unless you know the road keep it slow.

Which "autobahn" are you talking about, 85? If I ever got airborne I would probably need to go home, take a shower and get dressed again. :eek:

its 144th by i-76. thats what my friend started callign it and the name stuck. I've heard they do some street racing out there, they start under the i-76 bridge, i've seen the tire marks but never seen any racing.

almost had to take a trip back home, it scared the s... out of me. I drove at about 20 the rest of the way to the highway.:eek:

Wow, no, I don't think I'd wanna get airborn in the GN! :eek:
The WRX, that's another story :D Me and an Evo went at it last week, we both went in the air at the same time which was amazing to see and feel, but it did scare me a bit, even in that car which lands great, so I backed off after that. He kept on it though and hit the next bump at 90+ and I got a nice view of rear suspension flexed out!

i really was suprised how well it handled, even though i wasn't very far off the ground, i would guess 2 inches or so. the landing was smooth, or could have been smooth if i was prepared for it and didn't do the panic brake slam. I was a few minutes early for work.... next time i'll be late...

We have a place around here that has a lot of hills where teenagers jump their cars.. only need to do 50mph on some of them.. I've never done this in the Buick, but my old car would do a beautiful landing. It simply depends on fast you launch, if you're full throttle or not, etc. 105mph may not be the 'smartest' thing to do for a jump.

I did jump an Eclipse my mother used to have... that did pretty good at landing too.

Stay safe.. leave earlier.

Back