They don't make them like they use to do

Rick the pool guy

I'm just sitting there looking at my 35year old microwave in amazement that the thing still works flawlessly and has the same light bulb. And my clothes dryer is going on 40yrs old speed queen.
Now in the past 10 years I've replaced my washer 3times my water tank 4 times countless TVs DVD players etc work micro every 3yrs.
Just goes to show that quality took a back seat to quantity

Attachments

• 20190830_231418.jpg
    20190830_231418.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
I have the same microwave that one model down from that one. My mom got it in 1980 for mothers day.

About a year ago, it quit. Turned out there was a very odd fuse in it that blew. $.50 later it was back up and running.

....and I still have a brand new range vent microwave taking up space in the corner of my living room.

I can't use new ones worth a damn, but those old ones will nuke food till they glow in the dark!

Right on Rick big fan of old skool, still never had a flat screen TV myself. Its funny that manufacturers back in the day felt compelled to build a quality product that would last n now they design them to break, money is everything and all most care about now.

My fridge doesn't quite match the rest of the stuff in the kitchen. When the guys were delivering the stove, they said I would be able to get a new fridge in a little while so they would match. That was 13 years ago! In fact, that ugly refrigerator with no bells and whistles is pushing forty! My dishwasher quit working a year or so ago. The repairman said I'd be foolish to replace it with a new one that would die in no time. Then there's cars! We went through a period when cars would last about as long as the average car loan, about three years. Of course, that is what makes certain years/ makes collectible! JMHO

I'm just sitting there looking at my 35year old microwave in amazement that the thing still works flawlessly and has the same light bulb. And my clothes dryer is going on 40yrs old speed queen.
Now in the past 10 years I've replaced my washer 3times my water tank 4 times countless TVs DVD players etc work micro every 3yrs.
Just goes to show that quality took a back seat to quantity
Isn't that the truth. Have an old 1998 Amana microwave that started to trip the circuit breaker when turned on. Bought a Panasonic to use in the meantime that worked good but was just made like crap. Had to hang on to it when closing the door or the whole thing would move it was so light.
Got around to checking the old one and it needed a new $12 capacitor and works like a charm again. One of the biggest problems with new MW is the safety switch in the door, will break if closing the door to hard. Always a good idea to vacuum the coils on the fridge every so often too. Can't beat the old stuff and read recently that Speed Queen had the best washer, don't remember the model. Also have an old 33yo dishwasher that's still going. And to answer your question its not the Mrs.! Though sometimes!