You can type here any text you want

Three Trs Stolen In Tampa Bay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Red Regal T

Three TRs have been stolen in the passed week and a half in the Tampa Bay area. Two in Tampa and one in St. Pete. One GN and two Turbo Ts. The first, the GN, was totally stripped, beyond recognition, the first T had the header, fenders, hood, and doors taken, and the second, as you may have read, was found right away with minimal damage.

If you don't have multiple theft deterrents on your TR, you're looking for trouble. Too many mooches out there today who don't want to work for what they get. :mad:

Were these stolen from dealerships, or driveways, side of the road for sale?

I know there's a really nice buick for sale in New Port Richey, thats on the corner of a pretty big intersection. He's got a full mod list on the window, says it has 480 something hp and a time slip for 10.xx pass. Has 17in rims, front mount intercooler etc...

The car is left there day and night and has been there for the past 2 weeks that i've seen. In my opinion its just asking to get stolen. I'm really wondering why he leaves it there... Unless he works at the gas station across the street or something....

The NewPort Richey GN wasn't one of those stolen. The three, one from a restaurant parking lot in south Tampa, and the other two from their house/driveways.

Just received an email this morning of yet another attempt in St. Pete. The TType was broken into, column broken, but the thief was not successful in taking it.

Sounds like TRs are being targeted right now. Protect your car!

attempted thief

John,
this is mike in pinellas park with the 87 white turbo T. The
one you wet sanded ,the guy who's 87 gn was stolen last year.
Well,it almost happened to last week with the white car.About
4:45am.They broke column but didn't get it.They did get my nieghbors suburban.It was recovered in south St.Pete partially
stripped.My car was dusted for prints.They used gloves,but they did get prints off my nieghbors truck.Hopefully something will come out of this.I am selling my car soon.It's not worth the hassle.
Mike T

Re: wow

Originally posted by no-nos
pepboys colom lock $50.00 makes a world of difference:)

Tell it to one of the owners mentioned above. He had that device on his car & a club. I think something else also, but I can't remember all he told me. So, so much for your column collar. :(

wow

that car must have been towed away then, the club sucks everybody knows all you have to do is cut the steering colom and it slides right off, the colom lock takes time to get thru it, that's really surpriseing i really don't think thief is going to sit there and try to cut thru it. when i had mine stolen they towed it away, but i could have prevented that or at least made it harder for them by turning the front wheels, i guess if someone really wants your car bad enough who's to say what lengths they'll go too.:mad: man i feel for the guy:( since my first gn was stolen i've become so paranoid(a little) i have the colom lock -i turn my wheels -i have two alarms and i have a flood light with motion sensor and a closed circuit camera (wireless for $80.00) which lets my view my gn from my room and of course our trusty friend mr glock i know it sounds like alot but it's not we all spend more money than that on injectors alone..
well the only thing we can do is hope the police find this poor guys car

Not that I am making assumptions or anything but this is very peculiar to me. All of the cars that have been stolen or had an attempt on them have been to the car show at BK at one time or another. Like I said just something that I see as being suspicious to say the least.

yep, that does sound like too much of a coincident, sounds like they were tracked going home or they got the tag number and found him that way. it does make you go hmm

carlos

Back