You can type here any text you want

Throttle Body/Plenum Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LSTTYPE

I recently purchased a Precision front mount intercooler for my new motor combo and I want the intercooler pipe to not bottleneck down to the throttle body. What size throttle body do I need to step up to for them to match? The intercooler pipe is 3 inches. Also I'm considering getting a new plenum to compliment the throttle body and was wondering if I still need to run a power plate? Thanks in advance fellas.

Wow that was a fast reply. Thanks. Noticed you have a tta. What do you have for a rearend in it to hold up to 10.80s? I recently purchased one and was curious.

Plenty guys run 9s and maybe faster on a stock rear...But it's only a matter of time...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Plenty guys run 9s and maybe faster on a stock rear...But it's only a matter of time...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
He's talking about the TTA rear not the TB.

Yah I was under the impression the TTA rear end was only good to mid 11s and only for awhile. Im going to uprgrade the rearend in it eventually but id like to run it a few times the way it is.

So what are your opinions on an upgraded plenum? Do they do away with the need for a power plate?

No longer made...
Have to find someone selling a used one.

No longer made...
Have to find someone selling a used one.
I was at Ralph's shop about a month ago, he still makes plenums. They are made out of magnesium rather than aluminum, phone# (810) 264-8911. Ralph does prototype work for the company I work for, Magna Powertrain.

Well, I know a few people that might be interested in that. Thanks.

RJC sells the TB/PTE Plenum/Power Plate package. I thought it was a decent price from what I remember. Get the Polished Plenum if you go that route. :)

Im more of a cast aluminum man. I bead blast anything that comes to me polished. That way I can try and pass my stuff off as factory.(y)
IMG_2056.JPG

Back