Thumbs up to Alkycontrol

BARRACUDA1968

I'm new to the Grand Nationals and especially tuning them.

My car has a Razor Alky control on it and I decided to relocate the alky controls to the dash with an aftermarket lower dash plate.

I called Alkycontrol just to make sure I had the setting right in the control unit.

After talking to the guy he asked me how old my pump was and I said it was installed in 2007 but the car sat since 2008. He advised me to rebuild the pump or buy a new one. After listening to him I just bought a new one and will keep the old one for a rebuild so the car is never down.

What impressed me is after I paid him he kept me on the phone to give me some advice I didn't ask for. This almost never happens with these guy's selling us performance parts.

He went over how the 3 bar map sensor should be hooked up which mine wasn't right. I went to the car and he walked me through how to hook up the boost gauge and the map sensor etc. My car was not set up right.

I followed his instructions and I feel a lot better now that everything is hooked up like it should be.

I've been dealing with racing vendors for 14 years and it's very RARE that a vendor will take his time without being asked to help us out. I know some of these vendors are very busy but I never forget the extra time and effort from a good business man.

Thank you

Alkycontrol

I'm new to the Grand Nationals and especially tuning them.

My car has a Razor Alky control on it and I decided to relocate the alky controls to the dash with an aftermarket lower dash plate.

I called Alkycontrol just to make sure I had the setting right in the control unit.

After talking to the guy he asked me how old my pump was and I said it was installed in 2007 but the car sat since 2008. He advised me to rebuild the pump or buy a new one. After listening to him I just bought a new one and will keep the old one for a rebuild so the car is never down.

What impressed me is after I paid him he kept me on the phone to give me some advice I didn't ask for. This almost never happens with these guy's selling us performance parts.

He went over how the 3 bar map sensor should be hooked up which mine wasn't right. I went to the car and he walked me through how to hook up the boost gauge and the map sensor etc. My car was not set up right.

I followed his instructions and I feel a lot better now that everything is hooked up like it should be.

I've been dealing with racing vendors for 14 years and it's very RARE that a vendor will take his time without being asked to help us out. I know some of these vendors are very busy but I never forget the extra time and effort from a good business man.

Thank you

Alkycontrol
Yes, Julio's customer service is incredible. You don't even have to buy anything to get his help!

I've dealt with a few GN vendors recently and I was getting the impression that I was asking stupid questions based on how they responded to me. I'm glad this board is here and I do searches before I ask stupid questions but how else does a guy learn?

Alkycontrol so far has been the only vendor to go the extra mile to help me get a better understanding. There's a difference between firing information at a guy over the phone and explaining it so the guy understands it.

I'm not ignorant to what makes a car get down the track. I built a small block 416 stroker motor for my Barracuda and did everything myself accept machining the block and installing the rotating assembly. I degreed the cam, tuned the carb, played with timing, read the plugs etc etc etc. In the beginning I ran a 14 and in the end I went high 10's at 128 mph. A lot of that knowledge applies to the GN but how you get there is completely different.