You can type here any text you want

Time for Paint and then a patient reassembly

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well the day has finally come. I finally got the car ready to paint after a ton of work has already been done. My car has been a project in the works for the last 3 years. I found the car out of NY with very low miles (48k) and no rust. If I were smart I would have just repainted it and left well enough alone. The car had some bad lacquer cracking back then and it is even worse now. Here are some pictures from the paint shop. We dropped it off this morning. I am looking at about 1.5 months to completion. I will post pictures and updates here as I have them.

The car is getting a well built Weber TSM Grand National driveline installed and should be good for low 10 second, high 9 second quarter mile times. It will likely still be a few years till it is back on the road. I kind of figured that paint is the next step in getting it all back together.

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

I should have an update by next Saturday. Car is going to be straight, black and deep!

Since it looks pretty well torn down they are going to remove the spoiler off the trunk lid and other things like the front fender extensions so you get a nice paint job. Especially if changing color, it's the little things that separate a good job from a great one(door handles, lock cylinders, door seals, etc.)

Correct. They are taking it down the rest of the way. I did all the I could do here at the house, gotta start ordering the small stuff to get it all back together now.

Back