You can type here any text you want

Time for some new rubbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Depends on what you mean by high performance. High performance handling? Those tires (and the one's I recommend) are NOT for handling or any great speed since they're only T rated.

If by high performance you mean good acceleration "bite", then I highly recommend Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. They used to be called SS20's (what I have, and can easilly cut 1.8 60;s with them). Try that with most other street tires! You wont even come close with BFG street tires.

I have the cobra's on my daily driver like them alot good in all weather and they are quiet. I like Toyo's also excellent tires.

Performace as in turns in the road, maybe hugging the road some if at all possible.

I don't expect any street tire to hook like a drag slick does for straight line acceleration.

I figure if I ever take the car to the strip it'll have a new set of shoes on the rear anyways.

Basically I want a tire that won't eat a hole in my wallet that will provide me good road manners, that will help the car make it thru the turns and such, but also won't come apart if and when I decide to do a 120 mph blast down a country road.

I like the looks of the BFG radials and I know they're a tried and true tire that's stood the test of time, just that I dunno if it's worth the $2 to step up to a T rated tire from an S rated tire.

Wow a 1.79 60', that's awesome!My BFG s zrated are all over the place even at 40 mpg:eek:Right Rick?

I like my BFG G Force Sports. They are a quiet, comfy and feel safe on water too. They only break loose when I want to break em loose also.

Depends on what you mean by high performance. High performance handling? Those tires (and the one's I recommend) are NOT for handling or any great speed since they're only T rated.

If by high performance you mean good acceleration "bite", then I highly recommend Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. They used to be called SS20's (what I have, and can easilly cut 1.8 60;s with them). Try that with most other street tires! You wont even come close with BFG street tires.

I found these but they're only in 215/65, the original tire size:

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

Those are H rated (130 mph) and unless I'm mis reading, it looks like they're a fairly good tire, according to the reviews. But I'd also like to get some expert advice.

Maybe going to a 235/60 wouldn't be worth the trouble?

X2

You will never feel the difeerernce between those 2 speed ratings if you go to an H rating the sidewall is stiffer. the higher speed rating the stiffer the side wall to handle the heat.

Thanks....so is the speed rating mainly for those who want to speed but want to ensure the tire doesn't come apart?

An H rated tire they say is 130 mph....so does this mean for the most part you can run up to 130 mph without the tire failing due to heat? (they do fail when excessively heated right?)

Also wondering if there's any real benefit going from the stock 215/65 tire to a 235/60 tire?

Still a noob at my tires.

Considering the Firehawks.

Back