Timing chain

1kwick6

If the timing chain breaks; will the valves slap the pistons. Just trying to find if TR motors are interferance or non-interferance. I know i need to replace it,but moneys tight and i want to drive it to BOWLING GREEN.

I am with John, if you can DIY it should only be about $50 bucks. Plus while you have the I/C off you can get it flush out & do the rest of the spring cleaning items.

In the end you will have piece of mind & your car will be running good. WHich sounds like a win/win situation.

Just did mine, as was said, its a snap!! Why pay a (possibly CARELESS) shop $150.00 or more!

What did you guys use for a replacement chain, as i've heard some nightmares about ill-fitting, sloopy chains?? Thanks.

Do a search on this board, its been done to death..BTY did mine last year at 85k, plastic gear had broken teeth. Good luck..

- scott

Stock replacement from Pep Boys Dynagear?? with tenisoner & cam button from Poston's.

I've used the $15 DynaGear set in 3 different stock motors. Never a problem. Better quality chain than stock, with a steel gear. If your engine is completely stock, and uses the stock camshaft, this unit will work very well.

I think a heavy duty stock style set would work better, on any motor, than a double roller.