You can type here any text you want

Tips for removing the radio bezel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
I've tried to remove the radio bezel but it just won't come off! I'll get the bottom loose but then the top won't move or if the top does move, then the bottom seems to snap back into place.

It feels like there's a snap/retainer of some sort about in the middle on each side that the bezel seems to kind of 'hinge' on. Is that possible?

I don't want to break the piece so what am I doing wrong???:confused:

That piece can be a real PITA!!! Mine does the same thing....as does the bezel for the instrument cluster.

Yes, you can break it if you put too much force into it...buddy did anyway....but your bezel is doing the same thing mine does every time I took it off.

Get the bottom loose and grip the upper right corner of the bezel (of course, that is not too easy) and pull...gently.

It should come much easier...but whatever you do, don't get the bottom loose and pull from there...that can cause problems.

Just keep trying and it will come.

Finally!

Well, after much delicate forcing and wriggling/pinching of fingers, the dang thing finally popped off after the two metal thingy's let go of the bracket.

Sheesh - it's easier to rob a bank that to get that piece of plastic off in one piece!

I got the bottom loose, then the upper left corner and then finally, the upper right corner begrudgingly gave way. What a PITA!

Sweet...now just make sure all the metal clips are still on the bezel..if not, make sure you fish them out before the reinstall.

Back