You can type here any text you want

Tires rubbing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CHRIS W

I just installed my new wheels and tires(weld 15x8 3.5BS 275/60 M/T drag radials) on rear, took it for a ride and they are rubbing on the opening of the quarter. Will air bags fix this? Seems to be a common wheel/tire setup.Also my brakes are pulsing and going almost to the floor. I installed the big wheel cylinders and bleed them several times but no change. I don't see any fluid leaks, could my PM be on its way out?

I just installed my new wheels and tires(weld 15x8 3.5BS 275/60 M/T drag radials) on rear, took it for a ride and they are rubbing on the opening of the quarter. Will air bags fix this? Seems to be a common wheel/tire setup.Also my brakes are pulsing and going almost to the floor. I installed the big wheel cylinders and bleed them several times but no change. I don't see any fluid leaks, could my PM be on its way out?

air bags definitely

I have 15x10s in back and use airbags to make sure the body never dips low enough to rub on the tires. Has been working perfectly so far.

Not sure about your brake problem.

Thanks guys, thats what I was hoping for. As for the brakes, I think I'm gona ditch the powermaster, heard alot of horror stories.

Fender Lip?

I was just curious if you had rolled your fender lip and how badly your tires rubbed? I am considering a similar setup on the same size rim with MT ET Drag 28x9 (27.3"x8.6") Slicks. Those are slightly shorter and skinnier than your 275/60R15s

I was just curious if you had rolled your fender lip and how badly your tires rubbed? I am considering a similar setup on the same size rim with MT ET Drag 28x9 (27.3"x8.6") Slicks. Those are slightly shorter and skinnier than your 275/60R15s

Didn't roll the fender. Tire only rubbed on pasenger side going over some bumps. I've since installed the air bags I got from gbody parts, no more rubbing:cool:

Back