today sucked

equalizer442

ok, to sum it up i DESTROYED the pressure plate in my truck, broke both motor mounts and transmission mount and to top it off i shoved the fan through the radiator all while covering some honda with rubber and road grime :( dang fords.

i got a new clutch put in a while back and the garage i got to replace it put in a rebuilt clutch and we all know how shotty ford rebuilt clutches are. i had a BAD problem with it viberateing even though the flywheel was turned so they checked it out and said there was nothing wrong and that it was all in my head :rolleyes:. i guss the good news is the trucks no longer a big vibrator for anna nicole smith any more, the bad news is ive got to pop the clutch with my foot. i can depress it but when i let off of it it stays depressed an you have to use your toe to shift.

now heres where my story gets intresting. i was setting on a steap hill with half a clutch and some guy riden my ass so to make sure i dont run over him i launch the truck at half throttle (e-brake fell off along time ago) but before i could pop the clutch the truck drifted back just enough so that my back utility bumper was setting probably about half a foot above his hood when the clutch grabed. now this trucks no lightning, its a 77 f100 300 stright 6 non posi but any truck will do a burnout on damp oily ground going up hill. just try to imagen the look on the guys face while the back of my truck is setting over the hood of his slamed honda and my back bumper is only about 2 feet from his window and im spraying melted rubber ALL over his moms race car while slowley rolling back twards his car. after 15-20 seconds the trucks rear came around and grabed a relatively dry patch of pavement and ER ER ER ER ER ER, WHEEL HOP FROM HELL. i guss thats when i broke all of my mounts and shoved the fan in to the radiator that inturn took the top off and curled the fan blades around, kinda reminded me of my old boats prop, RIP, when i drove it on to the loading ramp at the lake doing 45 or so. it took a few mins for the truck to heat up but by the time i got it in to my front yard steam was rolling out of the hood and hot water covered the whole engine compartment that i just detialed last night.

o well, im going with a bigger aluminum radiator, better for towing, with a electric fan. plus the garage IS going to put me in a new clutch, ill make sure they pay for that but i think im out of luck on the rest of the crap i destroyed today.

WOW you are jinxed..

We all have bad days like this. I remember many myself.

Sounds like you had WHEEL HOP FROM HELL!

Sounds like you had WHEEL HOP FROM HELL!

yeah it felt like the back of the truck was jumping a foot in the air. what also sucks is ive got 3 days to get that thing togeather and to the shop before the warranty goes out AND ive got to put the new turbo and injectors on the GN and i dont have a oil feed line, chip, or the gasket to the oil return line. i guss ill have to let it set for a few days until every thing comes in. until then im stuck driving one of my other cars.

Back in the early 80's I worked for my local town.
I was on the playground repair department for the summer.
We had a 1978 3spd Ford truck.. I remember we all beat the snot out of that thing. YES it had WHEEL HOP too..

ive got a 460 for the truck but i need to get my lazy ass out of this chair and drop it in but the more i think about it the better a gn swap sounds. i mean hell think about it if i use drop spendles with a mustang 2 front suspension and a 4 link rear and a mild 109 i could whoop up on those mustang guys and i would get the satisfaction of seeing there faces when i open the hood to that HUGE engine compartment and theres alittle ol 6 banger setting in there that 99% of them have never seen before.