Top speed race out west, Carbon fiber GN??

WakkoSS

I remember reading an article a few years ago (might have been in the GMHTP GN issue) about a "GN" with a carbon fiber body that did a top speed run out in Arizona or something. The road wasn't completed so they had to cut it short at something like 230mph, but they expected the car to go even faster the following year. Well, it's way past the following year and I'm curious what it did.

Anyone remember this?

It was in GMHTP all Buick issue from March 1999 in the Date Line section.
The race was the Silver State Classic run in Nevada. The car did 207 which set a record. The race was shorter because they weren't done reapaving the road as promised. The engine was a Dutweiler-built twin turbo. While not specific, it does staet it had lots of Carbon-fiber body panels. He was planning on running the next year and setting a new record.
Does anyone know any more about this car and if he set any more records?
p.s. The driver was Joe Pettitt of Almo Lota, CA and navigator was Stan Davis

Originally posted by olds443
While not specific, it does state it had lots of Carbon-fiber body panels.

Where can you get CF body panels? :confused:

Who makes them? Who sells them?

TIA!! :)

Good question, I stated just what the article said and it had nothing else on the subject. I know I have seen carbon fiber hoods listed before, but I don't remember where. Although I think someone posted about them on here before.

That's the one! Though I thought he went faster the following year.

Someone was selling a carbon fiber GN body for $20,000 not too long ago. Might have been Conley's.