You can type here any text you want

Torque converter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Hey all...

A while back I posted about a LOUD clanking noise coming from (sounds like ) the inspection cover area. This after a hard dyno run.

I want to check the bolts on the converter to see if they're loose. My question is, can I do that by just removing the inspection cover? Or, do I have to losen/slide back the tranny?

Lastly, do I have to torque them? Or can I just tighten the s**t outta them?

thanks!

Originally posted by chicagoTTA
Hey all...

A while back I posted about a LOUD clanking noise coming from (sounds like ) the inspection cover area. This after a hard dyno run.

I want to check the bolts on the converter to see if they're loose. My question is, can I do that by just removing the inspection cover? Or, do I have to losen/slide back the tranny?

Lastly, do I have to torque them? Or can I just tighten the s**t outta them?

thanks!
Pull the inspection cover off, see if they are tight, if they are then your problem is elsewhere, if loose then locktite them and "tighten the s**t outta them". Technically they should be torqued with a torque wrench, but that usually requires a torque adapter to access them with the wrench so most people just end up tightening them by hand using a calibrated elbow.

German wrench... good-n-tighten.

If the noise continues.. eek..

i had the same noise coming from my converter. It would bang at idle. Steadily got worse, i replaced the converter with a new orange stripe 3000 stall.

Back