You can type here any text you want

Torque specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oc192

I printed out the torque spec sheet for various things (think I came across this on gnttype) and was surprised to see certain items on there. For example:

oil pan drain plug - 20 ft-lbs
thermostat bolt to intake - 13 ft-lbs
spark plugs - 20 ft-lbs
vaccuum line bracket to intake - 20 ft-lbs

Sorry for the newbness, but are people really using a torque wrench to change plugs or do an oil change? The thermostat bolt?

Thanks,
Don

I printed out the torque spec sheet for various things (think I came across this on gnttype) and was surprised to see certain items on there. For example:

oil pan drain plug - 20 ft-lbs
thermostat bolt to intake - 13 ft-lbs
spark plugs - 20 ft-lbs
vaccuum line bracket to intake - 20 ft-lbs

Sorry for the newbness, but are people really using a torque wrench to change plugs or do an oil change? The thermostat bolt?

Thanks,
Don

I would use the torque spec for the thermostat and vacuum line bracket since they go ino the aluminum intake and would make me very sad if I stripped the threads.

Spark plugs and oil plug I use "good and tite".

I think many of these values came from the GM assembly manual which had a torque value for everything during production.

Thanks,
Don[/QUOTE]

No.

Back