You can type here any text you want

TPS sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

The tps sensor keeps moving out of adjustment on the scantool as per chip recommends at idle 44... Everythings tight, wot throttle/idle is set/sensor's new.....after a couple boots, have to adjust. could it be the vibration of the motor?

Last edited:
A lot of the aftermarket TPS sensors are pretty tight and fall out pretty easy. The Acdelco TPS seem to hold a lot better seems like the spring inside is smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its moving more than +/- .2v odds are your ecm 5v regulated output is failing and ecm is junk try another ecm

The ecm was tested a couple years back with the stock chip...everything passed

was ecm tested yesterday??? with a volt meter test the gray wire to tps if the 5v to the tps is moving around the ecm is no good .. if the gray wire shows steady no movement on voltmeter then test the ground to tps as that could be an issue but grounds usually result in a much greater fluctuation

I have new battery wires from caspers(solid)/new 255 fuel pump & newly replaced TT hotwire kit. everything else is factory..on the block?..have to check volts this weekend/on grey wire on the plug that connects to tps sensor for solid 5volts.

Last edited:
pacecarta question when rolling the #'s iac go up on the scanmaster, From first start-up to warm up stuck at 00 on the scanmaster, no matter how I adjust the screw(showing like 2 1/2 threads on the idle screw on the throttle body. What causes this 00 iac at idle, could it be the seal in the throttle body plate that needs to be rebuild because it's old & maybe leaking. Throttle body & doghouse is stock.....iac sensor has been replaced a couple of times plus cleaned.

iac 0 means its closed and still hasnt reached (dropped to) programmed idle rpm , and tps needs to be under .46v try closing throttle with screw , if it wont go back and iac stays closed you may have too much fuel pressure AF value too high from translator setting or a vac leak causing rpm to be above programmed idle

I got steady 5v with the volt meter on the grey wire on tps sensor plug & ground, thx's for helping ...

is your tps steady or still bouncing ?, if tps changes does 5v at gray stay steady?

hey,5volts is steady....problably a flakey sensor, it's not ac delco...it;s aftermaket. when I set it, runs fine. Then next week when I take it out or start it again, it's out of adjustment?I'm going to try the new sensor for highwaystars ac delco, when it arrives

You'll have to do the TPS/IAC dance. Move one, the other changes.

I tryed that, it's a pain in da ass.....iac hass nothing to do with wot or driving the car... No matter what I do , As soon as I start it it's good in the 30's like the chip recommends, then as it warms up to 165* creeps down to 0. IAC, It's only at idle....I installed the new ac delco version sensor today seems like there's no bouncing around like the other one...I have to check again next week, I have to go to work. Everything esle looks pretty good on the Scanmaster BL is 135/ INT is at 128.....o2 's is ok?, that's fuel. thx for replying fellas appreicate it.

tps ignition on 42, engine running 44, wot engine off 4.66. chip says wot 4.20-4.60/dont' exceed 4.8volts/IAC is a headache, I replaced the sensor before and took everything apart & cleaned with throttlebody cleaner

I lost the link from awhile back, I used to have it. Who rebuilds and upgrades the throttlebody blades/ Pentium?

.iac hass nothing to do with wot or driving the car... No matter what I do , As soon as I start it it's good in the 30's like the chip recommends, then as it warms up to 165* creeps down to 0. IAC,

That's not true. And your throttle blade needs to be closed more. When the engine is cold the IAC is higher than normal due to a higher idle speed.

I like the IAC as low as possible, but still reading SOMETHING when the car is a hot as it ever runs.

Back