You can type here any text you want

Trailblazer SS...its whats for dinner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
Well at the track last night after my encounter with the Skyline I got paired up with a white trailblazer ss....Im not really concerned unless it was pretty well bolted...got beat pretty badly by a heavily modded one down south....Anyway we both stage up and I stomp the e-brake when the second stage comes in for me as he rolled into both lights as well....trying my hardest to push both pedals through the firewall....boost building as the tree is coming down...5....8....ten psi....green! With a split moment hesitation to get that last pound of boost I could.... I launch with a pop of the e-brake release...tires shuttering with some slip I catch him and his awd as he is cutting a much better light then I....car settles into full boost and I pass him with 2 lengths by the 330 mark and it only got worse for him...pass the finish lights.... shut her down and pop the hood on the return road....another tick mark on the win list:tongue:

Good kill, but why do you launch off the e-brake?
You can jack up your backing plates with that method.

One thing I just did was installed the longer pads on the front pad for the rear brakes...makes a world of a difference. I also already changed to the S-10 wheel cylinders.....holds 10+lbs on the foot brake.

Yeah I was going to do the big shoe mod for the rear brakes and see what that did for me but when I found out I had to buy two sets to use 2 long shoes It just kinda fell to the wayside....I want to do the s10 cylinders now but my concern is not being able to spin the tires during a burnout etc without using a line-lock...

Dumb new guy question but what are these backing plates I have heard about?

Yeah I was going to do the big shoe mod for the rear brakes and see what that did for me but when I found out I had to buy two sets to use 2 long shoes It just kinda fell to the wayside....I want to do the s10 cylinders now but my concern is not being able to spin the tires during a burnout etc without using a line-lock...

Dumb new guy question but what are these backing plates I have heard about?

The backing plates are the stamped metal piece that your break assembly attaches to

Line lock is my next thing...reality is it's best not to heat your breaks up while doing burnouts in the water box because it wears them out and also reduces their holding power....best way to avoid that is with a line lock.

Kirban Performance Products sells four long shoes as a kit.

I will say this...when making the switch to the long front shoes....be careful with your breakes and keep your distance from those in fornt of you.

The car will stop a lot better, but if you hit the peddle just a little to hard...they lock up and you start skidding...:eek:

I will say this...when making the switch to the long front shoes....be careful with your breakes and keep your distance from those in fornt of you.

The car will stop a lot better, but if you hit the peddle just a little to hard...they lock up and you start skidding...:eek:

And guess what happens in the rain, when you jam on the brakes? The back end locks and comes around. Ask Papa Lou about that one.:eek::D

And guess what happens in the rain, when you jam on the brakes? The back end locks and comes around. Ask Papa Lou about that one.:eek::D

Gonna have to write me a gentle reminder on my windshield with a grease pen to not do that...:rolleyes:

Back