You can type here any text you want

Trans Am question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

transamluver

I have an 88 formula Firebird convertible with a T.B.I. 305 in it. My buddy has a turbo v6 out of an 85 G.N..I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much trouble (or if its even possible at all) it would be to put the v6 into the Firebird. He also has a Buick v6 supercharger that I'd like to use with the turbo (I'm not sure if that's possible either). I figure since the 89 T\A came stock with the Buick turbo v6 then there should be a way. The Firebird also has a th700r4 tranny in it,the v6 has a th200r4 bolted to it now.Would the 700 bolt up to the v6 without any major mods? Since I don't know much about the Buick v6, any information that could be offered on about this post would be a great help.

That would be a pretty sweet ride man. You want the 86 or 87 GN motor in that firebird to begin with. Your buddy has the 85 and those motors need a lot of work to be as fast as the 86-87 motor's. I would buy a motor and trans combo if I could. Dont try to mismatch too many parts...If you want to sell it later, you'll get more money for a matched combo. If you want to go really fast, maybe a turbo 400 would be the best choice. That would require an addaptor I beileve.

Learn as much a possible about the GN motors before you purchase one and it will take care of you in the smile's per gallon area.;)

There are a few knowledgeable people in this fourum that im sure will respond. They have been through it and can guide you pretty much all the way.

Good luck and be safe.

Bo

Back