Trans Fluid ?

So, what's the problem with trans flush? I know that happens. It happened to my old 78 Pontiac when I had the trans flushed. A month or so later and the trans needed a rebuild. Just want to know what causes the problem?

Sometimes when they hook the machine up they do a reverse flush. Anyway, after years of heat the fluid looses all its additives and all the debris attaches to the clutches, etc and becomes should I say part of it. All that nice new detergent cleaners breaks it down and most of the friction is gone. Much better to do a simple filter and fluid swap if going to at all. Maybe just pump a quart or 2 out the dipstick and add some new over an extended period.
Some new cars you can't even check or add trans fluid. The pros call explain it a lot better than I and they use really impressive words while doing it.

I have a T Tech trans flush machine in my garage, use it on all my vehicles and other peoples vehicles as well. The only one who had issues was someone who already had slipping issues. If your trans is unmaintained for decades its gonna fail regardless. If youre worried about crud loosening up then you should equally be concerned about where its built up and blocking passages before the flush. Either way, adding new fluid the detergent will loosen it up crud no matter which way you do it.

The old standard of changing your fluid and filters at recommended time periods, sooner if beating the snot out of it towing or racing, has worked for decades. What about the filter when back flushing, all the crap is going somewhere. I think the flush machine is a fast and easy way to sell people double, triple the fluid and its quick for a better profit. No offense but sometimes the old ways are better, I want to see the inside of the pan and filter.Clean them up nice along with that magnet that has hair growing all over it.

for the oil? Yes. I usually get something along the lines of this for oil.

cheap and easy to find.
This goes into our 454 suburban. I know it is diesel, but i've been using it for at least 140k miles and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. But it leaks a bunch of other things, Given it is over 200k miles I can live with that.

This is the trans fluid I get between buckets.

Again, cheap and easy to find. and I can refill the jug with the bucket for easier handling of the fluid. Ever try to pour out of a five gallon bucket into a dipstick tube and funnel under the hood of one of these g-bodies? Yeah, not the easiest maneuver.

for the oil? Yes. I usually get something along the lines of this for oil.

cheap and easy to find.
This goes into our 454 suburban. I know it is diesel, but i've been using it for at least 140k miles and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. But it leaks a bunch of other things, Given it is over 200k miles I can live with that.

This is the trans fluid I get between buckets.

Again, cheap and easy to find. and I can refill the jug with the bucket for easier handling of the fluid. Ever try to pour out of a five gallon bucket into a dipstick tube and funnel under the hood of one of these g-bodies? Yeah, not the easiest maneuver.

Can't go wrong with the Rotella, do you get the full synthetic? Walturd use to have the gallon Dexron-3 but just has the one you picture now.
Have used the Mobil-1 10-40 for years in the Buick and Quaker State syn in the truck. 5qts at the china embassy is $18 and the Mobil was 22 for quite a while.
I just use the 5 gallon pails to hold out horizontal an hour or so with my arms to build character and some bicep muscle.

Not the weight of the bucket, it is the hood that gets In the way.

Can't go wrong with the Rotella, do you get the full synthetic? Walturd use to have the gallon Dexron-3 but just has the one you picture now.
Have used the Mobil-1 10-40 for years in the Buick and Quaker State syn in the truck. 5qts at the china embassy is $18 and the Mobil was 22 for quite a while.
I just use the 5 gallon pails to hold out horizontal an hour or so with my arms to build character and some bicep muscle.
:ROFLMAO: