You can type here any text you want

transbrake inputs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
i was wondering if the clutch in and pa hold can be spliced together to operate simultaneously with the use of the trans brake button when planning on using this feature 100% of the time?
-dan

Attachments

I will have to check, but I think the transbrake wouldn't stop creeping.

cool let me know:smile:
i was under the impression that it will creep for the preset amount of time set up on the xfi only once per switch activation and then never again:confused: (unless switch is pressed again):tongue:

i copied this off of the help section

The trans-brake control function offers complete control of the vehicle’s trans-brake. Standard operation of the trans-brake is performed through a switch which grounds the “Clutch” input (ECU pin A20) on the XFI ECU and turns the trans-brake solenoid fully on or fully off as would a normal trans-brake switch. Grounding the PA Hold input (ECU pin B16) while the trans-brake is activated, initiates the creep process which pulse width modulates the trans-brake solenoid and allows the vehicle to “creep”. De-activation of this input will cause the trans-brake to revert back to its fully activated or fully unlocked status as defined by the Clutch input. The solenoid is controlled from the PWM #2 (ECU pin A18) output on the ECU. The XFI ECU does not have the capacity to drive a trans-brake solenoid directly in most cases and it is highly recommended that an external driver be used to interface with the solenoid. FAST’s digital relay part number 307043, would work adequately in most applications.

but i dont want to use a transbrake button and a seperate switch (that ill prob forget) to ground the pa hold input nor do i want to fry anything:eek:

-dan

It "should" work that way when you get yout parameters sorted out and have the Max Creep Time dialed in. The problem I found was getting it to be consistant enough to rely on the max creep time. I used to just hold the creep button in until the car got in the beams and then I just let go of the button.

that makes sense
could ya send me the numbers you have plugged in for this feature?
i know all cars are different but im sure it will be a good starting point for me
pm if ya can
thanks cal!

-dan from MN

p/s will be calling for some info on the ams 500 to further compliment this feature on the xfi!!!:biggrin:

Back