You can type here any text you want

Translator Plus With Extender Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I upgraded from a TA 49 and 38# fuel injectors to a PT61 and 60# fuel injectors, and have tuned my car to run correctly on the street with the Translator Plus and the Extender Chip.

I am going to take my car to the drag strip this weekend and wondered is it better to clear the ECM's memory before making the first run, or does it make a difference. What I plan on doing is running racing fuel and turning boost up from 16PSI to 24PSI +, so I am deviating from the street tune, and was wondering if the learn mode (BLM's) from all the street driving would interfere with the "strip tuning" that probably will take place.

Mark

I personally don't like messing with what the computer has learned. It'd be like starting all over again. NOt the thing to do at the track at high boost.

The only safety margin I would recommend when turning up the boost like that is to crank your WOT fueling up several notches so you don't lean out.
Your first run may be overly rich, but then you can start tuning into what the car wants.

Back