You can type here any text you want

Trial fitting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
The time is not on my side, but I use every minute I can in the garage. Therefor the progress is very slow, but at least I´ve come so far that I could trialfit the heads, intake and turbo. Check out http://www.turbolunkan.com/pics(motor).htm for pictures.

The compressor housing needs to be adjusted and wastegaterod will be removed as I´m going to use an external wg.

Damn that girdle is thick. I´m no longer certain it will fit, but hey I own a sledge hammer :D

And the crossover was only .043 inch from fitting. I don´t think my engine likes the idea of both a girdle and copper head gaskets.

Andreas, what kind of timing chain is that?

Pixs look real good..

Originally posted by Lunkan
And the crossover was only .043 inch from fitting. I don´t think my engine likes the idea of both a girdle and copper head gaskets.

Dont feel bad, my crossover is just about touching the oil pan too.

Looking good.

Steve

Thanks guys. And as I said, I wish I had more time to work on it. I´d need about 10 more hours/day...

Originally posted by Razor
Andreas, what kind of timing chain is that?

It´s the Progear +-4 from John.

Andreas, you may want to double check this.... your not to use a dampner with a double roller timing chain. Only on the stock replacement chains.

Thought it looked like a roller chain. ;)

Are you going to use a different oil pickup tube or an 3/4 inch extension?

Julio,
As there was no installation guide at all I asumed that everything was needed. Thanks for the info, going to check that. I didn´t turn the cam all the way round, so I noticed today that the bolts for the timing gear is too long, so I have to tear the front apart again :mad:

As for the oil pickup, an extended one came with the girdle.

If your block was line bored, you may need a shorter timing chain.

Those are available... Cal Hartline carries them.

HTH

It didn´t need line bore, and the play is perfect. I´ll check the bolts tomorrow.

Brand new chain should have zero play.

So if its zero..then its perfect. Becuase it will stretch..

Back