You can type here any text you want

Trunk release

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Any ideas why the brake light turns on when I press the trunk release button? I know the two systems are linked together because you have to pull up the e-brake to pop the trunk when the ignition is on. I still don't think the brake light should turn on though. Thanks

Ummm on my car I dont have to pull the ebrake to pop the hatch. Sorry I dont have an answer to your question.

Jason

My button does not activate the hatch release (I thought it was broke or shorted somehow) - are you saying I just have to pull the e-brake lever and it should work again?

Um not sure my trunk release works normally when the key is off(except for the brake light coming on). When my key is on it only works when I pull the e-brake. For some reason the two are linked together not really sure if they are supposed to be, but it makes sense to me to have to pull the e-brake so you can't pop it while you're driving.

Quiky One said:
I dont have to pull the ebrake. :confused:

Jason
That's weird hopefully somemore people will chime in. Maybe I have some wires loose or a bad ground somewhere. :confused:

I know I can't open my trunk with the car on, but I never tried pulling the ebrake with it on. I'll try it tomorrow to see if it works but I know that it's not suppose to open with just the car on and it in park or anything. Might work with the ebrake pulled. If yours opens with the car on and the ebrake not pulled then there's something wrong.

If somethings wrong I like it that way. It would be a pain the have to engage the ebrake to pop the hatch. I pop it maybe twice a year so its not a huge deal. But....what is wrong?

Jason

Quiky One said:
If somethings wrong I like it that way. It would be a pain the have to engage the ebrake to pop the hatch. I pop it maybe twice a year so its not a huge deal. But....what is wrong?

Jason
I'm sure someone probably bypassed it. It wouldn't be that hard. When your car is off and you guys hit your release switch does your brake light come on? I know quiky one answered, but anyone else? Thanks

dvernst said:
I'm sure someone probably bypassed it. It wouldn't be that hard. When your car is off and you guys hit your release switch does your brake light come on? I know quiky one answered, but anyone else? Thanks

I'll check that tomorrow too, if someone else is here since i can't be at both places at once to see.

Quiky One said:

Jason
I'm going to investigate it on my car soon to try to figure out this light thing and i'll see if I can figure out how you would bypass the e-brake.

72firebird said:
I'll check that tomorrow too, if someone else is here since i can't be at both places at once to see.
No I mean the brake light in the dash.

Brake light in the dash will come on when the e-brake is pulled, but mine does not come on when I just pop the hatch.

Pulling the e-brake while the car is running allows you to pop the hatch.

Mine does that too! Seems everytime I press the release button, the parking break light on the dash flashes when the button is pressed. Usually takes a few presses to get it to release....... Nice to know I'm not the only one

I will check on Monday to see if my button to release the rear hatch will now work when I pull up on the E - Brake. Right now it does not work, but I thought it was a faulty switch.

I checked mine yesterday and the only way my trunk/hatch release button works (whether the car is in park or not) is to pull the E-Brake. Thanks guys for the tip - NOW MY TRUNCK/HATCH RELEASE BUTTON WORKS! - SIMPLY PULL YOUR E-BRAKE!!!

HOFSGNX said:
I checked mine yesterday and the only way my trunk/hatch release button works (whether the car is in park or not) is to pull the E-Brake. Thanks guys for the tip - NOW MY TRUNCK/HATCH RELEASE BUTTON WORKS! - SIMPLY PULL YOUR E-BRAKE!!!
Well that's good that it works, but something is still not right there. I have not had a chance to mess with mine yet.

Back