You can type here any text you want

Tryin' to get the FAST working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnny5

Well, I finished getting my truck back together with a new 360 Mopar Performance short block. It runs great on the stock PCM which is fine for now since I'm breaking it in. The problem occurs when I try to hook the FAST into the system. It lurches and chugs and smells like it's running diesel. The IAC moves in and out radically. It finally dies after multiple attempts to idle. It does this whether the WBO2 is in circuit or not. I have several "ballpark" programs that should be pretty close. Frankly, I'm puzzled.....

'99 Dakota, 360, R/T cam, ported R/T heads w/2.02 intake valves, M-1 manifold, 24 lb injectors, JBA headers, 52mm throttle body, Crane 1.6:1 roller rockers, Gibson cat-back duals, MSD-6A ignition, K&N/Evergreen induction, underdrive pulleys, 5 speed

First questions are to make sure you have your settings correct - do you have the right injector size, etc., in the software? Does the timing indicated by FAST match the actual timing? Have you completely bypassed the factory ECM, or does that still control part of your engine (i.e. tranny,
etc.)?

Let's eliminate the obvious stuff before we try to hard to analyze something else...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back