You can type here any text you want

tta block what will work in its place

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WARBIRD89

Faster and Faster untill
tta block, what will work in its place?

I need a block and crank for my tta what g/n years will work?

What heads do I have? What car were they made to go on before they came on my tta?

Thanks
Steve

Any 86-87 block and crank that will fit a GN will fit a TTA. The TTA heads are smaller than the GN heads (to make room for the A/C). TTA heads are from 3.0L front wheel drive cars.

Where are you located? I know of a block, crank and heads from a TTA.

:)

Actually the block has to have the correct bolt pattern for the oil pan. Mid85-87 3.8's will work. Casting numbers 140 and 109.

You can get a block out of the bone yard from an NA 86/87 3.8 Cutlass or ??? and it will be a 109 block. Then get a hole punched into the block for your oil return from the turbo by your machine shop.. you have yourself a turbo block.

Cranks have to be rolled radius on the rods and mains to be a turbo crank. Casting 229 or 877 are the ones to look for. A crossdrilled crank... good luck finding one of those. 3.8 and 4.1 motors came with rolled radius cranks. All Buick cranks are rolled on the mains.. only turbo cranks are rolled on the rods as well.

HTH

Back