TTA Fuel tank question

YELAGN

I was just wondering if a regular 3rd gen camaro/TA had the same tanks in them?
I have a customers TTA that has a custom Aluminum tank in it and we are wanting to go back factory with it.
Thanks

I THINK all the TTAs had the same gas tank as the 1LE "race car" option package F-cars that were supposed to have extra baffles inside them. Hopefully someone else will verify this. Ron

Well,I may be wrong but I've done fuel pumps on 4 TTA's(#124,850,861,and 884)and all had the same tank/pickup as my plain jane 89 GTA

While I belive they said in the literature that they did come with a 1LE tank I've been through enough TTA's to think otherwise

Steve

The TTAs tanks have baffles in them where as the normal ones didnt. I have seen a normal tank and it was different.

I know mine has a bunch of baffles in it, I understood it was the same tank as the 1LE cars had. I don't think there is any difference than that though.

TTA850, You may have gotten lucky and ended up with a "1LE" tank that was left over and placed in your GTA. With the number of 1LE cars made, I am sure they had alot of extra parts made up for them they didn't use. Are you sure the baffles are the same inside? Just curious, may be another thing like the N64 spare tire that none of us really recieved.

From the outside they all look the same and have about the same 15.5 gallon capacity. The 1LE tanks does have baffels inside to prevent fuel slosh during hard cornering. If you would use a regular tank, you would have no problem unless you are rounding corners at WOT and the pump starts to lean out.

thanks for the replys guys. that gives me an idea on what we need to do now.
Thanks again

Here is what I've heard about 1LE tanks-they are supposed to be like 18 gallons and have a swinging pickup in addition to the baffles.

Here is what I know about my 5 cars,none have a bigger tank and none have a swinging pickup.Now again I could be wrong and 1badTTA maybe your right and they were using TTA tanks in GTA's in 89(mine is an 89).

With regards to the original question though,I belive any tank will pretty much work,after all the modifications are on the inside so visually it will be perfect.And I don't belive they sell a specific 1LE tank anymore,if I'm not mistaken there is only one service replacement.

Again,I could be wrong

Steve

To the best of my understanding the TTAs did not get the baffled tanks that were listed in the literature. As mentioned earlier the baffled tanks were supposed to be 18 gallon and ours are only around 15 gallon. I don't believe they ever made a 15 gallon baffled tank but stranger things have happened. I can tell you that at a road couse with 1/2 tank I will start to get fuel starvation in some of the faster, tighter turns. The '91-'92 Firehawks did have the 18 gallon baffled tanks and I'm currently trying to hunt some of those down.
BH_01_79.jpg

TTA Fuel Pump & Hotwire kits

This may be a bit off topic but a while back I had some inquiries for fuel pump + hotwire kits.

Racetronix has had them available for quite some time now but I never took the time to post about it.

The kit has all the same features as the TR kit with just the relay mounting position and some connectors changed around.

I will extend the sale price of the TR kit to the TTA kit.
I will post some pix soon. The kit is almost identical in appearance to our C4 and L98 f-body kit with some minor changes.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

Thers a lot of things the literature said the cars had and didnt...Like the roller cam for instance.

And the fabled 18 gallon tank...no-one ever got.I wonder if the mules got the tanks?

When I had my tank down I was too busy cursing/bitchin too look inside :)

I concur with Steve..they all have the same tanks...And if you were to find an 18 gallon one..wouldnt the straps be different?

Well mine certainly isn't an 18 gallon tank with a swinging pickup, and actually only holds about 13 gallons of usable fuel (never ran it out of gas yet) and I also didn't get the N64 aluminum spare rim either, so not only is the literature wrong, but the build sheets are too.