You can type here any text you want

TTA ?'s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cale22

Doh!
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if the T-tops on the TTA's are prone to leaking? Also, do your cars have the same problems a GN T-tops car has, such as frame twisting etc. Just wondering, thank you very much.

Hi Cale!

Yep.... many Trans Am´s has this problem with leaking T-tops, mine incl.
You can adjust it down a little if it´s not done already.

Just so you know, the pre 1989 T-Tops were installed by ASC. The 1989 and post t-tops were installed in the assy. plant where the car was built. Any car with a pre 1989 hole in the roof will most definately leak more than a later model. It all depends on how the car was treated since it was built. The Fisher body guys did a lot better job of "water management" that the guys at ASC.
Any time you disrupt the natural flow of water, you get a problem. turbota

The easiest way to pinpoint the actual leak area is to get a piece of vacuum hose about 3 feet long and STICK one end in your ear (I am not kidding) and drive the car fast enough to hear the noise. Take the other end in your hand and go all around the noisey area while holding the hose end about a half of an inch from anything hard (like the glass or the inside trim), and you will find the leak. No Joke - This is the way we found air leaks at Fisher Body back in the 1970,80 time period. Cheap Too!!!
Good luck, Turbota.

Back