You can type here any text you want

TTA's and Torque Staps?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not too sure! Mine looks like a clevice mounted on the rear drivers side head then a long bolt with a loop on top is mounted on the control arm. The engine barely moves. Haven't gotten any hard launches to see if it'll pick the left wheel up yet!!!

Most of the N one's are made to attach to the frame almost directly under the alternator. The TTA doesn't have this frame area, so the challange is to find a similar type of place to attach.

You could get Paul Ferry's ploy motor mounts... of course the difference is $360 for the mounts vs. $20 for a torque strap :-)

In Warner Robins. I have a '91 Camaro with a 305 TPI, and a '88 Camaro which is waiting for me to put in a '89 TTA motor. Right now Im figuring out the motor mount situation. Im not going to be to worried about it if i know I can use a touque strap and save the money.

Do you already have motor mounts for the TTA motor? If not, I think you have a problem because you can't buy new ones. Hence the reason everyone was waiting for the poly mounts from HR Parts 'n Stuff (Paul Ferry). There were several Camaro and Firebird guys posting to Paul about this stuff last year.

Strap..this one's easy..the eyelet on the alternator faces rearward not forward like on a GN.The attachment point is under the crossmemeber.Kinda like under the proportioning valve straight down.The hole cannot be seen from the top.One under the car,you'll see it

HTH

Originally posted by Razor
Strap..this one's easy..the eyelet on the alternator faces rearward not forward like on a GN.The attachment point is under the crossmemeber.Kinda like under the proportioning valve straight down.The hole cannot be seen from the top.One under the car,you'll see it

HTH

what he said, that's exactly right

Back