You can type here any text you want

TTAs Durability

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCVING 6

How well do the TTA's hold up to abuse? I know the GN's are pretty stout from the factory (trans and rear end). Is there somewhere I can go for some specs on the cars?

Some long time owners suggest that the rear is not the most stout piece, and prolly the weakest link in the driveline. My stock tranny had over 120 1/4 mile passes, and that was launching off of a trans brake....must not be too weak. I would suggest subframe connectors to keep the body panels from tweaking, made all the difference in my car. The motor is plenty stout if you keep the detonation to a MINIMUM. The rest is obvious.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Some long time owners suggest that the rear is not the most stout piece, and prolly the weakest link in the driveline. My stock tranny had over 120 1/4 mile passes, and that was launching off of a trans brake....must not be too weak. I would suggest subframe connectors to keep the body panels from tweaking, made all the difference in my car. The motor is plenty stout if you keep the detonation to a MINIMUM. The rest is obvious.

I agree with Joe. Looks like the rear end is the weakest link in the chain.

Keep detonation under control and the motor will be fine. Alky coming for me this winter!

Congrats on your time this weekend Joe.

Back